Avon Recreation & Parks Department
Skip to nav
Field Hockey - Farmington Valley Fall League
The league will consist of teams in each division from the following
participating Towns - Avon, Canton, Farmington, Granby, Harwinton, Simsbury and Wethersfield. This is a Recreation Travel League, so there are no tryouts, cuts, etc. Limits will only be placed on the number of players on each team based upon a first-come, first-served basis. More players will result in more teams as long as the minimum number for each team can be met. If necessary, and possible, players from other towns may be included once their town registrations are completed. The goal is to get everyone involved; at least to the extent that it is possible. Playing time for each player will be regulated within the one hour of game time (split into 4 quarters). Girls will play 8 v 8 on a small sided field – no goalie, no goals (cones will be used). Full sets of “Rules” are being developed at this time.
- Practice and game locations are at Avon High School. Away games sites in the other towns are to be determined.
- Practices are Wednesday evenings from 5:15-6:30 p.m. and will begin September 1. (date subject to change)
- Games (6 games) will be played on Sundays at 2:30 p.m.from September 12 – October 24, 2021. No games on October 10. October 31 is a rain date if needed.
- Each player must bring a field hockey stick, cleats, mouth guard, shin guards, proper eye protection, and their own water bottle (plastic only). A reversible game jersey will be provided.
- Ratings and team selection will be Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. at a location to be determined.
- There will be a coaches meeting on September 8, 2021 from 5:30 - 6:15 p.m. at Avon High School on the grass field hockey field.
- VOLUNTEER HEAD AND ASSISTANT COACHES ARE NEEDED!
- Min.: 12; Max.: 36. Another team may be created depending upon registration. Should that occur, ratings/evaluations will be held and teams will be split equally.
- Registration will end on Wednesday, August 25, 2021.