After School Ski Program - Thompson Brook School Bus #1
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
NEW THIS YEAR. . . THOMPSON BROOK IS SKIING ON TUESDAYS!
TBS Students will be riding separate from AHS/AMS students.
Registration for this program will begin October 1. When registering online you will be prompted to print out and complete Ski Sundown’s waiver form (Registration Form). The form is located under Additional Forms and Files on the Program Registration page. This form will need to be returned to the Rec Dept within 2 weeks of your online registration date or Nov. 2, whichever comes first in order for your registration to be fully confirmed. Failure to return the signed form to the Rec Office will result in your child’s spot in the program forfeited and fee refunded. Registration ends by Nov. 2 or when all available spots are taken, which ever comes first!
PARTICIPANTS NEW TO THE PROGRAM: All 5th grade students and any students new to our After School Program MUST attend a Ski Safety meeting along with a parent or guardian. The Safety meeting is on Wednesday, November 28 at Thompson Brook School at 6:30 p.m. New participants will not be allowed to participate in the program unless they have attended the Safety meeting.
Ski/Snowboard Lessons are optional . If you do not purchase a lesson, your child does not receive any instruction from Ski Sundown staff or our chaperones.
Ski Sundown Registration/Waiver Forms can be mailed to: Avon Recreation Dept Ski Program, 60 West Main Street, Avon, CT 06001, scanned and emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 860-409-4334, or returned in person to the Recreation Office, M-F 8:30AM-4:30PM.
Sundown has season passes available through October 31 at discounted rates.
Sundown has a Mid-Week 12 pack available for $276. Please visit Sundown.com for details. This cannot be purchased through Recreation.
TBS - Tuesday Ski & Snowboard Dates
January 8, 15, 22, 29, February 5, 2019
- 1. Please be sure to indicate your child's skill level when registering.
- 2. It is very important to print out the Registration/Waiver form and mail the completed form to the Recreation Office. Please make sure your child's signature and the parent/guardian signature are on the form. We cannot process unsigned forms. Forms can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 860-409-4334 or dropped off in the Recreation office Monday - Friday, between 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 3. Ski Safety Meeting - Please note the date for the Ski Safety meeting is November 29 and will be held at Thompson Brook School at 6:30 p.m. If your child has never participated in our program he/she and one parent or guardian must attend this meeting. If your child has been in the program previously, they do not need to attend.
- 4. Please be sure to open the Additional Forms and Files below to get the Registration form that will need to be submitted to the Recreation Department.
- Please also open the Links below for IMPORTANT detailed information that you will need to review with your child. It will answer most questions that you may have.
Sundown Rules and Policies
WEEKLY GROUP INFORMATION 2018/2019
Ski Sundown is committed to offering a safe and fun experience for all skiers and snowboarders. Our Weekly Group program is a wonderful opportunity to regularly participate in a great winter sport.
Read and understand this handout and discuss the information with your child.
Everything you need to know about the group program is in the handout which is in a link below.
All inquiries, problems, add-ons and cancellations MUST GO THROUGH YOUR GROUP LEADER. He/she organizes and administers your group and handles all issues. Ski Sundown cannot make any changes for your child unless arranged with your group leader first, even if you call us.
1. PARTICIPANT INFORMATION & PROGRAM AGREEMENT
Every participant must complete and return the registration form to the Recreation Office. Form may be dropped off at our office (60 West Main Street, Building 6), faxed to 860-409-4334 or emailed to email@example.com.
Section 1 - Complete with accurate information.
Section 2 - Check all categories that apply. Please be objective when entering the skier/boarder level. We want your child to be on terrain that is suitable for his/her ability level, thus creating a safe and fun experience.
Section 3 - If renting equipment, complete this section. The information requested is essential to match skiers/boarders to their set of equipment and properly adjust the bindings.
Section 4 - A parent or guardian and participant must sign this section. Your child cannot participate without a signed Program Agreement.
2. WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE FIRST DAY AT SKI SUNDOWN
Be prepared to ski in any weather. Wear a helmet or hat, waterproof gloves, snow pants, waterproof jacket, neck warmer (no scarves), goggles or sunglasses and ski/snowboard socks. LABEL ALL YOUR EQUIPMENT!!!
Additional Forms and Files: